Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dancing With Discomfort: The Operating Manual I Found Within Myself.

Why Dance in Discomfort? Because it is unavoidable and inevitable! I would even go on to say that the idea that “suffering is optional” is a bunch of nonsense and that it is this belief that has been responsible for the unnecessary suffering that I’ve put myself through. Today I believe that suffering is also unavoidable and inevitable. The only two levers that I truly have in my power at any given moment is the INTENSITY of the suffering and the DURATION of the suffering. 

It is here that I have learned to dance.

In my attempt to create my own operation manual from all the information that I have gathered from my therapist’s, coaches, guru’s, seminars, sweat lodges, retreats, classes, books, and inspiring audio’s programs, I have distilled all of these various teachings into three basic concepts: Conditioning, Energy, and the Observer.

From the heart

Shasheen
www.yourplanbe.com

1 comment:

  1. After being a victim of my own antics, I've came to realize that pain isn't a feeling I can run from, but the amount of time the pain hangs, I control. It's easier said than done, but it's easier done than we think it is.

    ReplyDelete